Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm new here.

Hiya internets.

A short while ago, The Kitchen Front kindly asked me to start contributing to this here blog with my own culinary adventures. I'd like to say I jumped at the chance but frankly, I can be a little lazy in the writing department, and Red Dead Redemption wasn't going to play itself. Anyways, here I am and I'm really excited to start posting.

A little about me: I live in Edmonton with my lovely fiancée Steph, by day I work as a graphic designer, and by night I cook, as much as I can.

At the behest of my parents, I got started cooking at home relatively early. From our early teens on, my siblings and I were expected to handle one dinner a week. At first I relied almost entirely on one-pot wonders, and I'll always have a soft spot for "classics" like tuna casserole and a ground beef stroganoff. Now I'm more likely to make an actual composed meal on a weeknight.

As far as my style in the kitchen goes, I like to experiment as I get bored easily. That just means I like to try new things: new recipes, new ingredients, new techniques. I think I've done a decent job of learning the basics but I'll be the first to admit that certain techniques, like making a good poached egg, still elude me. I've had some colossal failures in the kitchen, but that's part of the fun.

Before I get started, I must extend a big thank you to The Kitchen Front for letting me join in on the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment