Monday, December 30, 2013

Rear view

With 2013 fading into the distance behind us, a quick glace in the rear view mirror is hard to resist. Obviously this was not the most productive year here at the Kitchen Front (I see by getting this last post in under the wire, I have 12 posts in all of 2013. Can I maintain this blistering one-post-per-month pace in 2014? Stay tuned to see!). I'd like to say that was due to some big thing like, say, working on a book or something, but the truth is, I really felt like I didn't have a lot to say about what I've been cooking. No particular reason, just pure laziness. The good news (if you care about reading about what I'm cooking/eating) is that I'll probably have a bit more time on my hands in the new year. You see, my partner in life, the oft-mentioned D. is going to be spending the next few months over in jolly Old England doing some work on her PhD, leaving me to keep the home fires burning. The challenge, then: live like a bachelor without eating like a bachelor if you catch my drift. So that's my project for the first half of 2014: keep this as a running diary of my attempts to stay away from frozen lasagnas and to eat my vegetables, starting January 5. If you haven't heard from me by March, chances are I've either starved to death or have got too fat to use a normal keyboard. Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment