Friday, April 15, 2011
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
I go through life with a cartoon devil on each shoulder.
"Why eat one square of that Ritter Sport when you can eat the whole goddamn thing?"
"Where do you think you're going with that wine bottle, drinky?"
"Gym, shmym: what's new on Netflix?"
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
- Fellow Edmontonian, illustrator, friend and sometime Risk nemesis Raymond Biesinger and his wife Elizabeth had their Montréal apartment/studio featured in popular home decor blog Design*Sponge. What a dump, hey?
- Blog sisters-from-another-mister Cream and Sugar have had their site spruced up. Go check it out.
- Also on the blog tip, my pal Leah has a blog about beer and healthy food.
- I'm cooking up a new project I'm pretty excited about. I don't want to say too much, but I'll say this much: it involves meat.
- We got a cat! Her name is Zoey and we are charmed. We think she is too, but she's playing her cards pretty close as you can see.
Monday, April 4, 2011
Spring is starting to slowly shoulder winter aside and the longer days and the disappearing snows speak a promise of sunlight and crisp fresh vegetables. But we’re not there, not yet.
Last night, a grey and cool Sunday night suddenly turned ugly as torrents of sleet and rain made what should have been a pleasant, slightly tipsy bike ride into a mad, wet dash for warmth. A week ago, we got a mid-week dump of snow that had me pining for the cherry blossoms that are no doubt in full bloom back in Vancouver. Something about that reminded me of this salt-roasted potato recipe I’d been interested in trying out.